Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Black Bear Pass - Rubicon rolled under the steps

Thread: Black Bear Pass - Rubicon rolled under the steps

Default Black Bear Pass - Rubicon rolled under the steps

Didnt get a full story on what happened but found out it happened Saturday. Looks like they got too close to the edge right under the steps and rolled down a little bit. A larger rock seemed like it stopped them from going over the steeper cliff

Four passengers lucky to be alive.

2015 Xterra Pro-4X

Respect the rock and rock on!

From Colorado 4x4....

Quote Originally Posted by HokieBrett View Post
    This was right after the water crossing, before the tightest switch backs. There is a rocky staircase descent that is a bit "blind" as all you see is your hood and not the trail. His left tire walked up too high and flopped him right... Then over. Rolled 3 times.

Holy crap! Hello, spotter!

Saw it Tuesday. Figured he climbed the drivers side. Not sure that it was a blind spot, or staircase. Didn't see the jeep till we were past it. I was adjusting my mirror when I saw a jeep following us, but in a weird orientation.

Fixed....

He didn't look like he was paying attention.
    2015 Xterra Pro-4X

Respect the rock and rock on!

It only takes a split second for that to happen. A buddy did the same thing in his Samurai while driving in the Rubicon trail 10 years ago. He drove back to Redding, Ca without a windshield or frame. It just proves that you can never be too safe.
    "There are some things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."