Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timing Belt Replacement Needed

Thumbs up Timing Belt Replacement Needed

It's time for me to replace my timing belt on the Xterra. Anyone know of any shops in the Lakewood/Golden area that would do it relatively inexpensively? Or would anyone be willing to replace it for/with me?

It's an 02 SC. I sent you a PM.

Cleaned the thread of the unneeded posts...It's ok to offer help as long as said help is not being offered for a monetary gain.

If you wish to sell your services please contact us about paying a supporting vendor fee.
    Last edited by Bill Potter; 08-29-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Back to the original question. Any supporting vendors or shops you guys know of that could help me out? I am planning on selling my Xterra soon and want to get this done to make sure the next owner has nothing to worry about. I have all of the parts and would do it myself, but I'm not completely comfortable with the timing part.

Fantastic, the one guy willing to help me is now banned.

As I do all my own work I sadly don't know any good shops.

I do know that Boulder Nissan is very good to us. If you let them know you are part of the X community in Colorado they my give you a decent price.
    Only other suggestion would be if you are on Facebook, the NORAC club has a ton of local members who will probably know of a reputable shop in that area.

If you are handy with a wrench, and have the service manual, it really isn't too tough a job to tackle yourself. Just time consuming.

Cheers,
    JP
    SAS, SOA, 3.91:1, 5.13, ARBx2, 35's and way to much $$$ invested.

As I do all my own work I sadly don't know any good shops.

I do know that Boulder Nissan is very good to us. If you let them know you are part of the X community in Colorado they my give you a decent price.
    Only other suggestion would be if you are on Facebook, the NORAC club has a ton of local members who will probably know of a reputable shop in that area.

If you are handy with a wrench, and have the service manual, it really isn't too tough a job to tackle yourself. Just time consuming.

Cheers,
    JP

I posted on NORACs FB page and they referred me to Boulder Nissan as well. I just contacted Boulder Nissan and $535 for labor is way too much IMO. Seems like they give a 10% discount.

The last timing belt I had done by a shop was on a 2000 Tundra two years ago. My dad borrowed the truck and had it done by his mechanic while he had it. Cost him $800 in labor and $150 in parts.

Honestly $535 seems very reasonable to me for the work involved.

Or, like I said before you could do it yourself. Cost you parts, a service manual cost and time. Give yourself a good full weekend so you can take your time.

Good Luck.
    Cheers,
    JP

The last timing belt I had done by a shop was on a 2000 Tundra two years ago. My dad borrowed the truck and had it done by his mechanic while he had it. Cost him $800 in labor and $150 in parts.

Honestly $535 seems very reasonable to me for the work involved.

Or, like I said before you could do it yourself. Cost you parts, a service manual cost and time. Give yourself a good full weekend so you can take your time.

Good Luck.
    Cheers,
    JP