Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
89 Pathfinder Running Issues

Thread: 89 Pathfinder Running Issues

Default 89 Pathfinder Running Issues

Hey guys,
    Throwing around ideas at this point as right now it's one thing after another after another. I've replaced:
    fuel injectors, o2 sensors (up and down), plugs, wires, cap, rotor, filter, coolant temp sensor, coolant temp sensor connector, egr valve, and have cleaned off the mass air flow sensor filaments and plug.

My issue is the Pathfinder will not accelerate over 2750 RPM's. It will idle beautifully, run GREAT - up to that RPM. At a dead stop, I can floor it, it will hit 2750 and just bounce there.

My mass air flow needs to be replaced due to low voltage - so I am gonna try the junk yard to start cheap and go from there.

Someone threw out the idea of the fuel pump - should I also look into that or should I focus on the mass air flow and see where I am when that dust settles?

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Pain is the weakness that brings you to your knees.
    Pain is the strength that brings you to your feet.

Have you checked for codes? It sounds like it's in open loop mode.

The last time I pulled codes it gave me the EGR and Coolant Temp sensor codes. I will pull the codes after the new MAF gets in again and see what it gives me.

If it is in open loop mode, how would I tell from the codes and how would I correct it?

Pain is the weakness that brings you to your knees.
    Pain is the strength that brings you to your feet.